Fitness Center/Gym Room Policies
We care about your health and safety; please respect yourself, other members and staff by following the rules below:
- Wipe down equipment after use.
- Be considerate. Limit use of cardiovascular equipment to a maximum of 30 minutes when others are waiting.
- When using the strength equipment please be courteous to other members and do not sit on the machine between sets. Be considerate and allow members to “work-in”.
- Please return weights, magazines, mats and other equipment to their designated space.
- No food. Only beverages in spill-proof containers are permitted.
- SPIRE is not responsible for any items lost or stolen on SPIRE property. This includes all surrounding areas and parking lot. This includes any items left in a locker or left in the care of SPIRE employee.
- Fighting boisterous conduct, and verbally, physically or sexually threatening or intimidating other individuals is prohibited.
- Use of loud, abusive, harassing, profane or obscene language or racial epithets directed to anyone, in person or on the telephone is prohibited.
- Theft, destruction or damaging of facility property is prohibited.
- The use of any drugs or illegal substances is prohibited both inside the facility and the outside surrounding areas
- The possession of weapons, explosives or firearms while on SPIRE property is strictly forbidden.
- No solicitation.
- No unauthorized photography is allowed within our premises or outside surroundings.
- All individuals are expected to follow all safety and security guidelines that are in place.
- Members and guests under the age of 11 are required to be under the direct supervision of an adult at all times.
- Report any malfunctioning or broken equipment to a staff member immediately.
- No coats or bags in the gym.
- Youth under the age of 9 are not allowed to use the gym or free weight equipment at any time, unless enrolled in a program.
- Youth ages 9-11 may use the gym under direct parent/guardian supervision. Upon completion of the youth orientation and with a waiver signed by the parents and staff, youth will be issued s colored paper wristband allowing access to the gym.
- Teens ages 13-17 do not need direct parent supervision if they have a parent sign a waiver.
- Certain areas of SPIRE are restricted by specific guidelines regarding age usage.
- There is no outside personal training allowed.
Clothing & Attire
Appropriate shirt, clean clothing and shoes, close-toed athletic shoes and shorts or pants are required for the gym facilities, Street clothes, boots, sandals and jeans are not permitted.
Inappropriate or offensive dress will not be tolerated.
Replacement Card Policy
SPIRE Fit will replace the membership card one time (1) for free. Please stop at the gym front desk for the replacement card. After the first lost card, any additional replacement cards will be $5.
SPIRE facilities are tobacco-free environments.
At SPIRE Fit, there are no contracts for the length of your membership. A written notice of cancellation, however, must be received by the membership office thirty (30) days prior to your next draft date to ensure no further debits to your account. If a member rejoins after 30 days of cancelling membership, they are subject to the initiation fee. If you have paid in full for the year, the 30 day cancellation notice is still in effect. You will be reimbursed the remaining monthly draft after the 30 days is added. Tax will not be refunded. Membership cards must be turned in at time of cancellation. A pending card will be issued for the remainder of your time as a member.
With the presentation of a doctor’s note we will be able to place your membership on medical hold. When we receive a doctor’s note stating that you can take part in physical activity, we will activate your account. You will not be subject to the initiation fee.
Snow-Bird on hold status requires a 30-day notice. The minimum time frame is two months and maximum is six months. There will be an “on hold” fee that will be assessed at the time of membership hold. The standard membership fee will resume when active membership status is reinstated. All requests must be completed in writing.
For any other cancellation or on hold reason, outside of medical, there is a 2-month maximum before a new initiation fee would be assessed.
Refunds will not be issued once a program session begins, unless warranted by a doctor’s note stating a valid medical reason. There are no refunds due to inclement weather or other incidents. SPIRE will make every effort to offer a makeup class for canceled programs due to inclement weather.
Weather & Cancellation Policy
Every effort will be made to inform participants of canceled programs due to weather and/or other circumstances.
The facilities will open for general use but no free or paid programs will run that morning. Please check the website for updates. We cannot guarantee that the canceled events/programs will be rescheduled.
Code of Conduct
SPIRE Members and Guests are expected to be respectful of all others. SPIRE retains the right to deny access, suspend or cancel a membership when a member’s conduct is determined to endanger the safety of others or interfere with another member’s enjoyment and reasonable use of SPIRE facilities.
Grounds for Denying Access or Membership
SPIRE reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person who:
- Has been convicted of any crime involving sexual abuse or other sexual offenses
- Is a registered sexual offender or sexual predator
- Is intoxicated or exhibits signs of misusing narcotics or dangerous drugs
- Has been convicted of any offense relating to the use, sale, possession or transportation of narcotics or habit-forming and/or dangerous drugs
- Is currently suspended or terminated per the ‘Grounds for Suspension or Termination’ listed below
Grounds for Suspension or Termination
SPIRE does not tolerate inappropriate, threatening or harassing behavior including but not limited to:
- Use of offensive language
- Destruction of property
- Sharing membership card with others
- Being in possession or under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Sexual Misconduct
- Disorderly Conduct
- Physical Fights
- Verbal or other forms of harassment
- Nudity in the steam room or sauna areas or the locker room
- Selling or promoting products and services without SPIRE authorization
- Any behavior that is determined to be unacceptable by SPIRE, and is detrimental to those we serve.
No refund will be issued for a suspended or terminated membership
Fees For Returned Checks or Bank Drafts
A $50 fee will be charged for all returned checks or drafts. Members will be placed on financial suspension until their obligations are fulfilled.